Sunday, January 10, 2010

An Exceptional Woman

I am married to one of the most amazing women I've ever known. Now of course one might say, "Well duh, why would you marry anything less?" I am incredibly blessed to have her for my wife. She could have married anyone she wanted and you know what, she wanted to marry me. She's told me before that of all the moments in her life the one that she's felt most sure about was the moment when she and I knelt facing each other in the Temple.

Today she gave a wonderful talk in Sacrament meeting on free agency. She was so excited in fact that when I came out of my meeting with the Branch President she and the kids were already there. They were a full 30 minutes early as I saw it, and in fact they'd been there for 20 minutes already. She was so excited (and [perhaps a little nervous) that she thought church started at 9 instead of 9:30. We've never been in a place where it started on the bottom of the hour but after 18 months we're used to it, unless giving a talk apparently. She wondered where everyone was come 9 o'clock but quickly remembered and realized her mistake.

It's things like this though that truly endear her to me. A simple and very cute little mistake that reminds me that she's human despite all of her Angelic qualities. She's been so supportive of me in my calling as Elder's Quorum President and my success will be, in large part, a result of her support and encouragement.

I love you.

No comments: