Monday, October 11, 2010

No place I'd rather be

It's my birthday today and I am at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children.  I'm here for Carter and a long awaited assessment that we've fought tooth and nail to get (Liz did most of it but I helped her where I could).  It's about family and love and it's really just another day.  So I'm 39.  I'm really only one day older than I was yesterday so it's not like we age a whole year over night :o)

Anyway I'm glad to be here with Carter.  I'm glad he's getting the services he needs.  I'm glad that we will be able to get a clearer picture of how he learns and how we can help him in his learning.  I think of the Father's Day I spent in Primary Children's Hospital with him.  He had the ROTA Virus and and a temperature that hit 104.  It was a scary to be at the hospital and still be faced with that crisis.  The virus/fever was of course the reason we were there but even in that environment I felt powerless to help him.  Of course I probably knew then as I know now that the power of the priesthood is a very real thing and with sufficient faith and the will of the Lord all things are possible.  I was glad when that was all over. 

Carter has been through a lot in his life of almost 10 years.  It is hard to believe that he is that old.  So much has happened in his lifetime.  I would say that despite the challenges it's been a great time, and that is why I'm I can't think of any place I'd rather be than with my son to support him.

1 comment:

jbuppin said...

So grateful for Carter and all of you. Love and miss you terribly.