Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21-22

This date has significant meaning in both church history and my own.

On the evening of September 21, 1823 and in to the morning hours of the 22nd The Angel Moroni appeared to the prophet Joseph Smith to instruct him regarding the Book of Mormon.

On the 22nd and again every year after for the next three years Joseph went to the hill where he was instructed to until he received the year 1827 when he received the gold plates at the age of 20.

On September 21, 1990 my Grandmother Marie Olson passed away.

On September 22, 1990 I received my mission call to the Japan Tokyo South Mission.

On September 21, 2014 Carter and I spent the weekend with my parents in Tuba City, Arizona where they are church service mission to help the Native Americans (Navajo & Hopi) plant gardens and do church history.

This date has significance to me and it marks many things important in my life.

No comments: