Friday, December 11, 2015

Another December 11th

Another December 11th

It's December 11th again so I've been waiting for something especially significant to happen.  It's been a date that seems to frequently have something so this year I've been wondering.

I'm due for a promotion and a raise and I kind of thought, but probably more so hoped that today would be the day.

Regardless of the day I do have a great deal to be thankful for and I might just mention a few of those things here.

I am grateful for my family and especially grateful that we are all in one house with one house payment.  I'm grateful to be with General Motors and to be living so much closer to our families.  Living in the same town as Mikey Olson has been a dream come true.  We've had a lot of fun together and done some pretty cool things.  We are going to see Star Wars opening night less than a week away now (10:30 PM 12/17) We are also going to see it in a theater that GM is reserving so it will only be half full and it will be tons of fun.  On opening night it will be both families but on Friday AM it's just Mike and I.

I'm grateful that our house finally sold and that we got moved to Arizona.  I'm glad we are finally settled in.  I'm grateful for the financial blessings that I have been the recipient of so as to offset the major loss we took on our house in Maryland.  We bought it for $390K in 2008 and had to eventually sell for $339K.  Fortunately we had paid down the majority of the difference but it would have been nice to make a little money and pay off our remaining debt.

I'm grateful for the gospel.  I think the biggest blessing for me about living on the east coast, was the spiritual growth.  There was a great need for us to serve and Elizabeth and I served in several capacities, sometimes more than one at a time.

I'm grateful that our kids have adjusted and that they've made lots of new friends and they are thriving in school.

We are going to make the drive up to Utah for Christmas so immediately we are seeing the benefits of living so much closer.

Liz's sister and her family came and spent Thanksgiving with us and it's just been really great here in Arizona.

No comments: